I’ve mentioned 30boxes before. Google’s calendar is quite functional, I’m sure, but 30boxes has some unique features and, besides, I can’t allow the secret agents of Google to know everything about me that easily.
What you get with 30boxes is
- a text-entry feature that allows you to quickly set a date and reminder without using your mouse to click and point.
- A great many social networking features (though I don’t use these)
- A reminder system that can use email or text messaging on your phone.
- a virtual desktop with your important links.
- Automatic weather forecasts for your days.
- Automatic google map links to your destinations.
- a task list.
The task list is what kept me from making 30boxes my homepage was the rather mediocre tasklist (or so I thought). But I’ve figured out that the tag system can make it much better. The task list I used had contexts (“work,” “home,” “yard” etc) and projects. All I had to do was start using tags for these to classifications.
30boxes You really ought to give it a spin.
Oops. I just realized I’m fifteen minutes late.