Welcome to Theologia!
Starting as a collection of papers by Mark Horne several years ago, Theologia has slowly expanded to include works by a variety of authors. You will find all of our content under the various categories to the left.
As our motto states, our goal is to provide thought-provoking material that is faithfully Biblical, distinctively Reformed, and comprehensively catholic.
The most recent articles include:
March 30, 2008:
Does the New Covenant have its own distinctive sanctions as well as blessings? We affirm
by Mark Horne -- 7 Comments
February 3, 2008:
Sermon: A Body Formed by the Spirit
by Mark Horne
October 16, 2007:
10 things a church can do to change the world
by Mark Horne -- 4 Comments
August 18, 2007:
On Forgiving Oneself: Nine Reasons Why It Can Be Appropriate
by Mark Horne -- 8 Comments
July 31, 2007:
Every Word Matters to the Story
by Mark Horne -- 1 Comment
July 18, 2007:
How To Encourage Our Children to Believe the Gospel
by Mark Horne -- 2 Comments
April 21, 2006:
Turretin & Pictet on Christian Infants
by Mark Horne
April 20, 2006:
Zacharias Ursinus & the Imputation of Christ’s Righteousness
by Mark Horne -- 1 Comment
March 16, 2006:
Eschatology of Being “Born Again”
by Derrick Olliff -- 2 Comments
August 31, 2005:
Two Sermons on Two Adams
by Mark Horne
Here are the most recent comments to Theologia. Note: we reserve the right to delete, ban, destroy, etc. comments if they are offensive. We won't alter comments from others (except to remove embedded links). Nor will we remove comments simply because they disagree with the substance of an article. However, we will remove offensive comments or text-dump comments designed to use Theologia as a carrier of someone else's content. Theologia is not a publicly held site. Thus, we will cheerfully maintain our own standards (and possibly not yours) with regard to our management of the comments.
- December 18, 2016 at 3:09 pm :: God’s Promises to the Jews :: Pete Pelayo
Can you prove to me Jesus is from the bloodline of David?
- December 11, 2016 at 7:19 am :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: gerald tubay
what if i utter evil words with my mouth unintentionally to the Holy Spirit is there any forgiveness?????
- December 6, 2016 at 4:36 pm :: Jesus’ Baptism: The Fount of Life :: Fr. Robert (Anglican)
- December 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm :: Jesus’ Baptism: The Fount of Life :: Fr. Robert (Annglican)
Overall I like this piece, but Christian Baptism is always only a “Sign & Visible Seal” of the One Baptism of Christ! (1 Cor. 12: 12-13) No Baptismal Regeneration here!
- September 11, 2016 at 10:43 pm :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: Monica Fisher
I am very angry and hateful. After a long twenty-eight years of constant trouble, I experienced a heinous strike, in the spirit world, to my soul. The first thing I said was that I had blasphemed the Holy Ghost. I burn in my soul with fire. I cant repent. I have no connection with God. I’m totally cut off. My ears started ringing immediately with that strike, and my bowels dropped. For two years I...
- August 31, 2016 at 11:58 am :: On Forgiving Oneself: Nine Reasons Why It Can Be Appropriate :: Sam McMillen
I agree with Joseph Rios. Nowhere in the Bible are we taught either to forgive ourselves or to love ourselves. So, where did those ideas come from? If it is not taught in the Bible, which is all sufficient for any and every need we have relating to the soul, then either it is not true, or God did not think it was important for our wellbeing. It is popular in psychology and even in...
- August 26, 2016 at 3:23 pm :: You and Your Son and Daughter :: A. Paul R
Just LOVING Trounce’s response. Dave, you crushed the argument at the root. For although James is 100% correct and he was right to offer it, it is ancillary.
- August 26, 2016 at 7:16 am :: Why Was Jesus Justified? :: Ralph
Well, its been nearly two years since I put out the challenge to use “vindicate” wherever dikaioo is used but no-one has taken me up on it. So I think I can claim vindication for my stance – that might take some ‘reworking’ of “justification by faith” – the classic reformation mantra (but I am sure the reformers themselves would be glad for you to be wrestling with the text...
- August 19, 2016 at 4:36 am :: Where Is Paul’s Gospel Summarized? :: Rodney
How to believe puals gospel to be saved
- July 25, 2016 at 11:42 pm :: Why Does the Pastor Wear a Robe? :: Isaac
Please I am Isaac Ameyaw Yeboah,an apostle by calling and wants to affiliate with your denomination. Please what’s the way forward? I am a Ghanaian by Nationality. My Facebook name is:Isaac Ameyaw Yeboah God bless u through His son and our risen Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- July 1, 2016 at 9:44 pm :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: Eileen
I was saved and Spirit filled in 1976-I never knew who I was in Jesus. I thought every time you sin you eere not His daughter until you repent. I held such bitterness and hatred in my heart that I decided to worship satan to stop the torment. I blasphemed Jesus repeatedly but don’t bieve He left me until I committed murder which I eas released from prison in 2 weeks for.That is when something felt like happened...
- June 25, 2016 at 4:31 am :: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit? :: Otis
I’m going through the same fear . I understand everyone’s horror . It’s the worse thing ever. All I can do is keep crying out to God .
- May 20, 2016 at 11:58 am :: What Is Biblical Theology? :: stanislaus
I see a valid reason of studying biblical theology
- May 8, 2016 at 6:08 am :: Gratitude or Faith? :: mayowa
I am convinced by this blog God bless you.
- March 29, 2016 at 6:15 pm :: Where Is Paul’s Gospel Summarized? :: henry haack
is pauls gospel different than the other apostles
- March 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm :: Where Is Paul’s Gospel Summarized? :: henry haack
need clarification as what do seventh day adventest beiieve
- February 19, 2016 at 11:55 pm :: What More Could I Have Done? :: Guy Mraz
Hi a really great thoughts only wish I had read it years ago I am 61 now. wow what more I could have done for my family and God. Truth I knew just didn’t think. My problem now is rather I have gone beyond Gods ability to provide grace. you seem to address that with obey or perish cast us into the fire. I am not so sure that cant happen before we die. ie Romans 1 with the reprobate mind. Anyway thanks for the...
- December 5, 2015 at 3:02 pm :: Does the New Covenant have its own distinctive sanctions as well as blessings? We affirm :: Dennis Smarch
Since when is “Knowledge of the Truth” equal to salvation? The scripture speaks of the only (unforgivable) sin left on earth which is to reject Christ’s offer of salvation. This whole argument of whether there are still curses etc. ignores the reality of sanctification doesn’t it? When I entered into the new covenant I was NOT...
- October 14, 2015 at 7:23 am :: Why Was Jesus Justified? :: Shonte B
Thank you for sharing all of these thoughts. Very enlightening. I pray you will be blessed, greatly blessed. 🙂
- August 23, 2015 at 11:51 pm :: Moral Law Commands Faith in Christ Alone :: phillip mutchell
You are saying that Lord Jesus is YHWH which is incorrect. Unless you are of the Oneness persuasion, personally there is but one God the Father anything else is philosophy so called. Peace.